Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Update to the YOE

So far so good on the YOE (Year of Eric).  My original list of ten items to work on this year has really been consolidated down to 5.  With fairly good results after the first 100 days of the year.

 

Goal 1 was to get in shape for personal and professional reasons.  I have done pretty well, in that I managed to lose 20 pounds in about a month and a half, but then the loss slowed and now it has basically stopped.  I just finished my “break” from dieting, so now it’s time to get back on the horse and eat like grown man not a pubescent Tasmanian devil.  I have a great work out plan and schedule.  And I have stated that I will post some pics, but not until I get a little more work done.  J

 

Goal 2 is to find some time to focus on this blog and my internet presence both for professional and personal reasons.  I have done a fairly good job of updating the past few weeks, and I have updated the look by adding a few sweet tools to link up FB, Twitter, and YouTube.  As a side note, I finally passed $100 in rewards from Google (which operates the blog) so I will get a check in the next month.  The check, goes straight to the boys college fund is hopefully the first of a few more.

 

Goal 3 is to work on my personal and professional image, my brand if you will.  I let that suffer a little bit in the last couple of years.  Goals 1 and 2 play heavily into it, but they aren’t the whole ball of wax.  I way too often dress like a homeless man, and I know I have to clean that up.  I am in favor of the “uniform” fashion strategy, so all summer you will see me in polos and khakis instead of sweats and hoodies.

 

Goal 4 is to update my professional skill set through continued education.  I was looking into Spanish and HTML, but after some reading and thought, I am shifting to Bid Data and Data Analytics, primarily because its FREE!  I have always enjoyed that kind of work and from what I gather it’s the next “big wave”.  I plan to dedicate 1 – 2 hours per week (i.e. like going to class) for the rest of the year.  I created a page and will post the certificates as I attain them.

 

Goal 5 is to be more outgoing and social, to do more things outside of the home and just as important to go on some “dates” with the wife.  Admittedly this is the hardest piece because it’s the only one on this list that is somewhat out of my control.  I am a little down financially due to the pending new A/C which will crush me financially and spiritually (sooooo expensive).  But I must and I will do better.

 

Today is the “Refresh” day, where I take inventory and start over.  Important in my process, its kind of like hitting restart.  Wish me luck or at least wish me focus on the next 100 days (the best 100 days of the year)!

 

-          Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment