Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Stary LLC

 So... I registered for an LLC name yesterday.  I just picked the nice and simple Stary LLC.  I, of course, added the domain at staryllc.com and even went so far to as to add the basic Google business package so I can get an e-mail address.

I was walking around the neighborhood after work and I saw my neighbor working on his car.  He is rebuilding a car.  Another neighbor just did the same thing.  Both of them had so much passion for their work.  I don't have a hobby.  I mean I exercise and I golf, but neither of them are really a hobby.  I exercise to be healthy and I have made it a core of my life.  I really don't have anything else that I do, just for the joy of doing it.  I have to compound this with two facts: 1) I don't really have a passion about anything.  2) I don't really have any friends to have a hobby with.

So what do I do...

Well... I like to make money.  I like to look at things to make money with.  That should be my hobby.  I can't think of a better way to spend my morning, evenings, and weekends that sitting in my office having a coffee or a beer and looking up ways to invest.  So... that is what I shall do.

Why the LLC?

Well, I thought I should find a way to protect myself in case I invest in something that goes sideways.  I am going to invest in a movie this spring.  I have already discussed it with the director, and I wanted to protect my personal wealth (what little there is) in the event that I need to.  So, I whipped up an LLC.  I can pay the LLC with starter funds and then manage these investments efforts out of the LLC.  

I will get to learn how to run a business and I will get to have a hobby... win - win.

I already have a suite of domains, so I will spend my weekends getting those up off the ground.  I have some planned investments to make in art, movies, collectibles, and other non-market stuff.  I will expand this to real estate once I have enough to do so.  It would be great if this hobby can become my next career as I move on down the road.

OK.  That's enough for today.

Thanks,

- E


No comments:

Post a Comment