Pages

Monday, October 26, 2020

October 26 - Day 1

I am so excited to report that I have taken a job at Vir Biotech.  I thought I would use today as not only a Day 1 of work (it is not actually day 1), but a Day 1 for a new workout/diet/lifestyle plan.  A change is always a good place to make additional changes.

I am back to working with west coast teams, so it should mean way less meetings before noon.  This means that I will have open calendar time in the morning, so longer workouts.  It also means later evenings, those awesome 7PM calls.  However, the give is well worth the take.

Since the quarantine started back in March, I have lost about 30 pounds and managed to keep off the weight.  I am going to try to relight that fire that melted off the first 30 and take off this last 20.  That means daily workouts, daily walks, and daily fasting till after noon.  Mon-Fri I will eat a light lunch and an early dinner, with no snacks after dinner.  On Sat and Sun I will fast as long as I can (to late in the afternoon) and then eat one big glorious meal.  I will give myself some allowances for an after dinner beer, but generally I need to keep it light (and I mean the volume not the style).

This change also will give me the chance to start writing again and pursue some additional ventures (blogs, investments, and side gigs). I have no reason why I could not have been pursuing these things while working at AbbVie, I just got settled in my ways and I needed a shake up.  Consider me shook.

I will write every day.  I will find someone to help me set up some websites for some ideas that I have.  I will make some big investments in a movie project and some art.  Hopefully the movie project also lets me have a little fun as a producer.  I have tried this before but the project was cancelled.  

Here is to Day 1... raises coffee cup.

Thanks, 

- E

Thanks,

- E

No comments:

Post a Comment