Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2020

October 18

 I know... I am going to mess around and make this a habit.  :)

So... I accepted a position at an up and coming West Coast based biotech.  I am super excited both for the opportunity to take the next step in my professional development and to be working for a company doing some cutting edge stuff.  

I will provide more details next week after I get my feet set in the new gig.

I am going to use this as a sort of "Day 1".  Not just a professional day 1, but a personal day 1 as well.  This is my first job with the title of Associate Director.  I have been trying to get here for 20 years and I want to use this chance to refocus on the other elements of my life that need to be tightened up.

What does that mean:

1. I want to be an executive, at least once.  So be an executive, and be one in all aspects of my life.  Right... that sort of "be the next job" attitude.

2. Professional: I got the job, so go kick some ass.

3. Diet and Exercise: I do a good job here, at least I have since "Quarantine" started, but I can take this up a notch.  Eat better, exercise harder, and be more focused.  That means get up early.  Get some miles in and then get some iron in.  And do it religiously.  On the food side, I have to eat like I am going to play Captain America's stunt double.  Cut the sugar, cut the fat, up the lean meat, and up the veggies.  

4. Clothes: My wife has been restocking my closet during quarantine.  I have some new clothes, but I do need to keep this going.  I need new suits and some new "work clothes", for once the apocalypse comes to a close.

5. Image: Again, this is about projecting the right image, the image of an executive.  I get lazy here and settle into comfort.  I have to actively work on that.

6. YOLO: I am going to save my money and buy myself a flashy car.  Older car, something that goes fast and looks good.  

7. Investing: I want to take this up a notch as well.  Over the course of the next few years, I want to finance some cash streams that provide income.  I don't have the "passion" to run my own business, but I want to finance others, and reap the benefits of their passion.


That is enough for now... but I am going to keep circling back on this and keep writing.

Thanks,

- E

No comments:

Post a Comment