Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January 1, 2020

#MerryNewYear

Hello and Happy 2020.  Just a couple of quick thoughts on 2020.  I have three goals, and only three.  If I keep this simple, I may get something accomplished ;). 

Goal #1: Write every day.  Be it here on this page or on another page or even on a piece of paper.  I need to write every day.  Have a thought and put it into the world. 

Goal #2: Once and for all, drop that 30 pounds (goal weight 185 lbs).  Two months ago, I was actively trying to gain weight.  I was actively trying to put muscle on this 43 year-old body.  Two weeks ago, my back hurt so bad that I couldn't stand up.  I have to finally face the fact that I am not going to be built like a truck, that truck has driven off, parked at a seedy motel, and is probably actively trying to get chlamydia.  I have to focus on my weight to take some strain off my back and my knees.  Not to mention, I want to look good in a suit (both fancy and birthday).

Goal #3: Save more money.  As my net worth has increased, it has created this positive feedback loop for growing it more.  I watch the number climb and that fills me with more pride and a greater sense of success than anything has ever done in my life.  This year I can get the net worth to 300K, that will be my target.  This spring we will look into putting a pool in the back yard, which will temporarily derail the goal... but I think I can make it regardless. 

That will be it.  I will let the other stuff fall as it will.  The wife and I have our 15th anniversary this month and we will be spending a week in Mexico and right after that my oldest turns 13.  A week after that is stock grant day and two more weeks to bonus day.  It will be March before I know it, so better get cracking.

Wish me luck! 

- Eric

I

No comments:

Post a Comment